Who we are
The SouthCoast Medical Group Imaging Center is a comprehensive, multi-modality outpatient imaging center with locations in Savannah, Georgia and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. At SouthCoast Medical Group, we understand the importance of an accurate diagnosis. That's why our Imaging Center has the latest equipment and technology to support our highly skilled technologists and board-certified physicians.
Commitment to Quality
We challenge ourselves every day to improve our patient care. "Medicine is not a trade to be learned, but a profession to be entered. The treatment of disease may be entirely impersonal; the care of a patient must be completely personal. One of the essential qualities of the clinician is interest in humanity - for the secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient" ( Francis Peabody. The Care of the Patient. 252 JAMA 818 reprinted from 88 JAMA 877, 1927).
At SouthCoast Imaging, quality means:
- Ongoing education of our sub-specialized radiologists and imaging technologists to ensure they are certified, licensed and trained in the latest clinical methodology and modalities
- Customer service (convenience, efficiency, patient safety and privacy)
- Comprehensive advanced medical imaging modalities with ongoing quality assurance
- Participation in the American College of Radiology's RADpeer program
- Adherence to all applicable local, state and federal regulatory guidelines
- Existence of a formal quality improvement program
- Periodic clinician and patient satisfaction surveys are available to let us know what we do well and how we can improve.
- Application of American College of Radiology standards
American College of Radiology; Federal Drug Administration; Department of Natural Resources; and Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories; FDA certified mammography services
- Timely reporting of results
In most cases, we will have examination results on their way to your clinician within 24-48 hours.
The following identifies the different diagnostic tests that the SouthCoast Imaging Center offers. Select from the list or scroll down for a brief overview of each test.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- General Radiography
- Bone Densitometry
- Breast Imaging
- 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis)
- Molecular Breast Imaging
- Computed Tomography (CT Scan)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Image Guided Pain Management
Eisenhower Drive, Building 1
5354 Reynolds Street, Suite 421
40 Palmetto Parkway
Hilton Head, South Carolina